Dual Registered Sheep


Sheep registered/hardship/recorded with another UHHSA, Inc., recognized registry will be fully accepted and able to be registered within UHHSA, Inc. if the registration requirements of UHHSA, Inc., are met unless this is changed and publicized by the Board of Directors.  This includes sheep which are Registered/Hardshiped/Recorded as Solid Painted Desert Sheep in other UHHSA recognized registries.

These sheep will not need to be inspected if a copy of registration papers is included with the UHHSA, Inc. application. IF only the parents are registered with another registry, the sheep will still be fully accepted and able to be registered with UHHSA as long as the registration requirements are met. Copies of the parents’ registration certificates from the other registry must be included if only the parents are registered and not this sheep.

PLEASE NOTE: The sheep’s original name will not be changed; however, the Flock Name will be replaced by a Flock Prefix which will be assigned to your flock by the registrar.

1. Ensure you are a member in good standing of the UHHSA, Inc division in which you are registering sheep or include the Membership Application and applicable fees when you submit Registration Applications. For Members who jointly own sheep, only one signature is required.

2. Fill out the appropriate APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION RECOGNITION or utilize our online forms which will enable you to upload necessary documents.

3. Submit copies of the fronts and backs of the Registration Certificates for this sheep.    If both parents are registered with UHHSA, Inc., and you are the breeder (owner of the ewe at time of conception or you purchased a bred ewe and this is the offspring) copies of Registration Certificates are not needed, and please use the APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION instead.

4. If the original Certificate is in error, submit a correct copy of the pedigree (can be handwritten) and write a notation of what is in error and why.

5. Take one photo of the left side and one photo of the right side of the sheep. Make sure the sheep is easily seen and other sheep are not in the photo as these photos will be printed on official Certificates. It is helpful if you are registering an adult ram to include an additional front view photo of the head and horns that enables the registrar to see the shape of the horns. 

United Horned Hair Sheep Association, Inc., reserves the right to request additional photos showing horns, coat or other attributes of the sheep for which registration or recording recognition is requested.

6.  Have the Photos professionally processed OR Print out the Photos on a personal printer using a good quality ink and on PHOTOGRAPHIC PAPER. The proper size photograph is 4X6 or Wallet Size for applications sent through US Post Office or other non-electronic methods.

We also accept photos electronically.  Email Photos in original size to uhhsa@yahoo.com  Please label each photo with the name of the sheep pictured.  The number and views of photos are the same as when submitting thru non-electronic methods such as the U.S. Post Office. If you have any questions, please contact the office 937-430-1768 or via email uhhsa@yahoo.com

7. Submit the appropriate amount made payable to United Horned Hair Sheep Association, Inc., (Click Here for Fee Schedule) for each sheep with the Application For Registration Recognition and copies of the front and back of the Registration Certificates from other associations of either the sheep or the parents, the photos and any other information/pedigree known to:

United Horned Hair Sheep Association, Inc

UHHSA Secretary

10416 FM 1511

Buffalo, TX 75831

You may submit Membership Application and Application for Registration Recognition for sheep at the same time.

Payment should be paid in US Dollars with a check or Money Order. Personal Checks must be drawn from a United States Bank. There is a $25.00 Fee for returned checks. Paypal payments are also accepted (a convenience fee applies). CLICK HERE for PAYPAL.

You may also submit applications and photos electronically.  Copies of the required Registration Certificates from other UHHSA recognized registries may be scanned and emailed or photographed and emailed to uhhsa@yahoo.com. Photos may be emailed also. If our main online form is utilized, areas for file upload are presented as the form is filled out.