REGISTER SHEEP OUT OF UHHSA REGISTERED PARENTS – not for Solid Colored Painted Desert Sheep:
If you are the breeder (owner of ewe at time of conception) OR you bought a pregnant UHHSA registered ewe and this is the resulting offspring, use the Application for Registration downloadable form for the appropriate breed or the simple fill-in-the-blank online form. If you are unsure of which form to use, contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-430-1768 or 281-468-7744.
1. Ensure you are a member in good standing of the UHHSA, Inc division in which you are registering sheep or include the Membership Application and applicable fees when you submit Application For Registering. For Members who jointly own sheep, only one signature is required.
2. Fill out the appropriate Application for Registration downloadable form based on breed or use our online form.
3. Take the appropriate Photos: One photo of the sheep from the Left Side and one photo from the Right Side. Make sure the sheep is easily seen and other sheep are not in the photo as the Left and Right Side photos will be printed on the official Certificate. It is helpful if you are registering an adult ram to include an additional front view photo of the head and horns that enables the registrar to see the shape of the horns.
United Horned Hair Sheep Association, Inc., reserves the right to request additional photos showing horns, coat or other attributes of the sheep for which registration is requested.
4. Have the Photos professionally processed OR Print out the Photos on a personal printer using a good quality ink and on PHOTOGRAPHIC PAPER. The proper size photograph is 4X6 or Wallet Size for applications sent through US Post Office or other non-electronic methods.
We also accept photos electronically. Email Photos in original size to email@example.com Please label each photo with the name of the sheep pictured. The number and views of photos are the same as when submitting thru non-electronic methods such as the U.S. Post Office. IF you are utilizing the ONLINE forms, options will be given for you to upload the photos from your computer. If you have any questions, please contact the office at 937-430-1768 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Determine if you need any supplemental forms: A Certificate of Breeding (you purchased a UHHSA registered pregnant ewe and this is the resulting offspring – the seller should complete the form for you). Or if you leased a UHHSA Ram and now desire to register the offspring from your UHHSA ewes, have the owner of the ram complete a Ram Lease Certificate.
Also, if you dually register your sheep (register with more than one Registry) and you wish that information on your UHHSA Registration Certificates, please include copies of both front and back of the other Certificates. If you utilize our online forms, places to upload the copies are presented within the form.
6. Submit the appropriate fees made payable to United Horned Hair Sheep Association, Inc., (click here for fee schedule) for each sheep with the Application For Registering, the Photos, and any supplemental forms to:
United Horned Hair Sheep Association, Inc
10416 FM 1511
Buffalo, TX 75831
Payment should be paid in US Dollars with a check or Money Order. Personal Checks must be drawn from a United States Bank. There is a $25.00 Fee for returned checks. PayPal payments are also accepted (with a convenience fee). CLICK HERE FOR PAYPAL.
*****NOTE***** Submissions are also accepted electronically thru our online fill-in-the-blank forms. Ram Lease and Breeding Certificates may be scanned and emailed or completed forms may be photographed and then emailed to email@example.com – make sure scans/photos are legible. Any other paper documentation may be scanned and emailed or photographed and emailed also. When utilizing the online forms, file upload areas are generally offered so you can submit everything at once.