REGISTER SHEEP WITH ONE OR BOTH PARENTS UNREGISTERED – OPEN REGISTRY INSPECTION:
Click HERE to read about the Inspection process and how it works
1. Ensure you are a member in good standing of the UHHSA, Inc division in which you are registering sheep or include the Membership Application and applicable fees when you submit the Application for Open Registry Inspection downloadable form OR utilize our online form. For Members who jointly own sheep, only one signature is required.
2. Fill out the appropriate Application for Open Registry Inspection downloadable form or utilize our main online form. Utilization of our online forms will allow you to upload additional documentation and make payment – all at the same time.
3. Take the appropriate Photos. The minimum photo requirement is one photo of the Right Side of the sheep, one photo of the Left Side, and one photo of the Front, looking straight on at the sheep, and one photo of the Rear.
Make sure the sheep is easily seen and other sheep are not in photo as these photos will be printed on the official Certificate. It is helpful on photos of an adult ram to include an additional front view photo of the head and horns that enables the registrar to see the shape of the horns. Horns MUST be visible on ALL rams, including ram lambs in at least one photo when one or both parents are unregistered. Additional close-up photos of the face and head are welcomed.
United Horned Hair Sheep Association, Inc., reserves the right to request additional photos showing horns, coat or other attributes of the sheep for which Inspection and registration is requested.
4. Have the Photos professionally processed OR Print out the Photos on a personal printer using a good quality ink and on PHOTOGRAPHIC PAPER. The proper size photograph is 4X6 or Wallet Size for applications sent through US Post Office or other non-electronic methods.
We also accept photos electronically. Email Photos in original size to firstname.lastname@example.org Please label each photo with the name of the sheep pictured. Number and views of photos are the same as when submitting thru non-electronic methods such as the U.S. Post Office. If you have any questions, please contact the office 937-430-1768 or via email email@example.com
5. Submit the appropriate fees (click here for fee schedule) for each sheep with the Application for Open Registry Inspection, photos, and any other information/pedigree known to:
Make Check/Money Order Payable to: United Horned Hair Sheep Association, Inc
Open Registry Inspection Committee
10416 FM 1511
Buffalo, TX 75831
Payment should be paid in US Dollars with a check or Money Order. Personal Checks must be drawn on a United States Bank. There is a $25.00 Fee for returned checks. PayPal payments are also accepted (with convenience fee).
We also accept payment on our Online Payment page under the menu at top (via Paypal).
PLEASE NOTE: The fee for Open Registry Inspection includes Registration if the sheep passes. You will not need to submit a Registration Fee in addition to the Inspection Fees.